How to see DocX .docx file on Windows in WPF?

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:55 PM
Is any trick to see a preview of .docx file created with DocX in WPF?

Thanks
Developer
Jan 5, 2016 at 4:56 PM
Yes. Use Devexpress. I think they have a method to do this. On our side nope.
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:07 PM
Thank you for reply!
Ok, I will consider it! Another question, and something free?

Thanks.
Developer
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:08 PM
Don't think so. The problem is you need kind of Word functionality. Having someone working his ass of for free for such big product.. unlikely :-)
Developer
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:10 PM
The thing is after you buy a license 1500-2500$ of Devexpress you get so much functionality that it's totally worth it. If you're programmer of course. And each year renew is much cheaper.
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:17 PM
I understand. Yes is true, I see there are many libraries of this kind, why you recommend DevExpress? It require every year renew or only for technical support and updates? It require OEM license for distribution?
Developer
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:20 PM
Devexpress is huge. They have lots of features and options. I think i know 3 of those. I used Devexpress and simply liked it. It doesn't require renew but they add new features each year. So it's worth it if you work with the code a lot. It doesn't require any license to distribute. As long as you have license, you compile it and that's it. You don't need to buy anything special to spread your work as binary.
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:24 PM
Thank you so much you for your time and for information. Is cool. And it have all I need to manipulate Office documents? Also it "contain" a library such DocX ?

Thanks
Developer
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:29 PM
It contains a lot of stuff really. Give it a try.. it has 30 day trial so try it before buy but you can for example create tables, and other stuff and export it to DocX, PDF, etc. You can even convert DocX to PDF. Try it .. It speeds up development of many products, and visually it's stunning. You will not want to go back... ;-) You may always go for both... you can use DocX inside Devexpress. It's just one of the libraries.

https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxDocumentServerDemos/

And if you buy universal you can do it on multiple platforms. Go and spend some time with it, look for demos what it can do, how the code looks like.

From customer persective it's very attractive, from coder it has some learning curve but if you get it.. you're good to go :-)
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:31 PM
OK,
I will try demo for now. Thank you for your time and for informations.

Bye.