Latest source code not matching latest downloadable dll?

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:50 AM
Hi!

I noticed that the AssemblyVersion in the latest source code is 1.0.0.14 and not 1.0.0.15. Is the source code not for the current version of Docx?
Developer
Feb 4, 2015 at 9:45 AM
It is. Probably forgot to change it when publishing.
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:50 AM
Do you think that can cause any weird dll related caching issues? I have one that makes no sense at all:

I'm using the DocX library to insert html from a form (rich text editor) into a Word document (by parsing the html and inserting paragraphs, tables, lists etc.). Everything works fine in unit tests and for some simple html structures. However, when I tried submitting html containing a table i got a MethodMissingException in the Docx.dll (the method in question was "Novacode.Container.get_Paragraphs()". So then I downloaded the source code (thus seeing the wrong AssemblyVersion), wrote the version number to be 1.0.2.14 (just to be certain that it was different from any other Docx.dll that might be in a cache somewhere), compiled under Release configuration and included the resulting dll in my project. Then the exception did not occur anymore..
Developer
Feb 5, 2015 at 10:03 AM
I see. Well always use the source code version. I just uploaded binary so that the occasional users can get it. I will update the binary as soon as there will be more patches/commits added.

Hard to say if that issue of yours is related.
Feb 5, 2015 at 10:49 AM
Ok - I'll stick to the source code version. Any plans for a NuGet release by the way?

Keep up the good work!
Developer
Feb 5, 2015 at 10:51 AM
I don't think NuGet is managed by us. At least I don't have access to it and from what I remember old forum threads Cathal doesn't either (not that he is around to do it anyways) ;-)