This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Any interest in moving to git and github?

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Thanks so much for this library. I have been making extensive use of it for years.

A lot of open source projects are making the switch to github because of how little friction there is for contributing. I was wondering if DocX would be interested in making the switch. I would be happy to help out and would be much more likely to contribute using the github model than having to submit svn patches.
Jan 2, 2014 at 5:12 PM
You can submit any patches you feel would be useful. I'll try to get the right amount of information from them (even simply pack the related .cs files) and send it over and I'll make sure they make into sources. Unfortunately since Cathal is mostly away I doubt we can move anywhere. I've commited all patches from github fork I think so it's not a big deal for future to just sent them in any form you like.
Jan 2, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Thanks for merging in patches. I just submitted one for adding bookmark support. However it was a bit on the painful side and was generally messier than it could have been. My offer stands on the github font should the opportunity arise in the future.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Can you send the patch one more time just by sending modified files instead of SVN patch. The patch system on codeplex is weird ;-) and complains the XML appears to be malformed. Send to pklys@evotec.pl please.
Mar 9, 2015 at 9:02 PM
I've been using GitHub for a while now and I signed up for CodePlex only because of your great DocX library. I really think CodePlex is lacking in both features and has a terrible interface. CodePlex is also owned by Microsoft, who now seems to be cool with open source, but it's hard to shake their past when they spread FUD about open source. I really think you should consider moving to GitHub where you should get much more community contributions.