This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Replace Text - Auto Accept Changes

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Is there a way to auto accept the changes made in a document when using the replace text?

Alternatively, how do you use the field option when creating a word document using word 2007, and then getting that changed?

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM
Hi rowsel,

>> Is there a way to auto accept the changes made in a document when using the >> >> replace text?

I am not sure if I understand your question. I have not yet written a function that accepts/rejects all changes in a document, I do intend to write this function soon. However if you pass false to replaceText the text will simply be replaced and not marked as a change.

> Alternatively, how do you use the field option when creating a word document
> using word 2007, and then getting that changed?

Again I am not sure if I understand your question. In word 2007 you can turn on mark changes from inside the revision tab of the ribbon. Then whatever changes you make, even if they are inside a field will be marked as a change.

Rowsel, if I have misunderstood your questions, please try reforming them and asking them again. I find them to ambiguous to understand.

kind regards,
Cathal
Sep 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Hi, the marking as false answered the question thanks, but it doesnt work when the words are in a table?

Is there a way to convert the file into a pdf when saving?

Many thanks

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2009 at 4:25 PM
Hi rowsel,

>>Hi, the marking as false answered the question thanks, but it doesn't work when >> >>the words are in a table?

It should work, you may have found a bug. Can you please email the document that is causing this problem? When I tried to recreated this problem on my side, I could not.

As for your second question. The current version of DocX cannot be used to save a document as PDF. I would love to add this feature in the future, but at the moment it is to large a task.

kind regards,
Cathal
Oct 2, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Hi, sorry for the delay,

The words in the table do work, not sure what happened.

The PDF converter would be extremely useful, however i will keep checking back for updates

Many thanks

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:26:05 -0700
Subject: Re: Replace Text - Auto Accept Changes [DocX:68395]

Hi rowsel,

>>Hi, the marking as false answered the question thanks, but it doesn't work when >> >>the words are in a table?

It should work, you may have found a bug. Can you please email the document that is causing this problem? When I tried to recreated this problem on my side, I could not.

As for your second question. The current version of DocX cannot be used to save a document as PDF. I would love to add this feature in the future, but at the moment it is to large a task.

kind regards,
Cathal
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DocX@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email DocX@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

View your Twitter and Flickr updates from one place - Learn more!