Formatting width of table cells/columns

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:35 AM
I know this has been asked before but I have been unable to find a satisfactory answer.

I would like to Autofit the table to the width of the document and then edit the width of some of the cells that turn out to be the wrong size when auto fitted.

However, when I edit the cell Width property(either before or after I call the auto fit function), no changes take place.

I also tried setting width and then calling the Column widths autofit, but that lead to a much bigger mess. Not all the rows lined up, and it was very hard to fit the table exactly to the page.

Is there a solution or a valid workaround to my problem?
Jan 31, 2014 at 3:55 PM
When Autofit is set, the Width properties are ignored. You'll have to delete your Autofit line, and manually configure all column widths.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Thanks for your quick answer. That makes sense and does answer my question but my problem still isn't solved.

Well then either:
  1. it is impossible to manually configure the widths of a table so that the whole table perfectly fits the screen in any given word document.
  2. there is a specific value for the width of a full screen table.
If it's 1. then there probably needs to be a percentage option, if that's possible, for the cell widths.
if it's 2. what is that value?

Also I'm quite confused that when, on word, I set the table to Autofit contents, and then i set it to Autofit window again, the table looks much better as all the columns are evenly spaced.
Jun 2, 2014 at 4:54 AM
have you got the solutions yet right now @idc130?
Oct 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2014 at 6:50 PM
I think that a way to solve this issue is create a table with many cells and then merge them. For example, a table with 10 cells will give us a way to split the cells using measures that are multiple of 10%. (30%, 70%, etc).