This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to differentiate between tables

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Edited Aug 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I have two sections in a word document.

First section containing some tables
and secon containing some tables.

I am reading the file programatically,
How to differentiate between the tables in both the sections?

is there any id/flag we can assign while creating a table?
Sep 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
At the moment there is no such mechanism. I am hesitant to add this feature because there is no equivalent in word. Correct me if I am wrong but you cannot give a table an id or alias in word.
Sep 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
coffeycathal,
In Table Properties is tab called "Alt Text" and there are fields "Title" and "Description". So, I think it will be good idea to create in your library properties for this fields and developers could differentiate table using one of this field.
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Just uploaded a patch to add TableCaption (Alt Text Title) and TableDescription (Alt Text Description) in the Table class.

Started working on it a while ago when I noticed that you can't access the Alt Text in Word 2007, the alternate text for tables seems to have been added in Word 2010. Seems to be available in 2013 as well: http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel/add-alternative-text-to-a-picture-shape-chart-table-or-smartart-graphic-HA103220865.aspx#_Toc332626053

Since diomaz brought it up, I figured I might as well submit the patch even though the use of Alt Text is limited to 2010 and up.
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I've added the patch to main source code. Thank you Annika89!