Cannot see the values of custom properties in a OpenXml (Word 2010) document

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Hi all,

I have the following situation:

- I created with Word (2007 & 2010) an OpenXml (docx) document (as template), where I added some custom properties (over Advanced Properties dialog). After I have defined the custom properties, I used them in my template document over Insert / Quick Parts / Field... / Field names: / "DocProperty" => Field properties: "MyCustomPropertyName". Then I saved the document for using it as template (e.g. for printing labels, reports and so on...).

- I open this document programmatically (using C# .Net 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 – but the same problem occurs also with other versions) and fill the custom properties with values, than I save the document under other name.

- The docx template created with Word 2007, all worked fine and I can see the new set values in the resulted document.

- The docx template created with Word 2010 doesn't work properly. Opening the resulted document with the filled properties, I see only the initial values of the custom properties. If I select all text and over right click I update the fields, then the values of the custom properties are updated with the programmatically values I set before. I guess this is a bug in Word 2010 but I'm not sure.

Let me know (achim.emanuil@kelchgmbh.de) if you need a sample.

If I'm on the wrong place with this problem, please let me know where I can report it or please forward this to the right place. For any help or workaround, thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Emanuil Achim